Language Immersion School in Yorba Linda
Welcome to Frontiers Academy! Educating Children for a World of Opportunities
Frontiers Academy is a trilingual immersion school educating children in Chinese (Mandarin), Spanish, and English. Children will be taught math, science, language arts, social studies and more, following an established curriculum as they would in a traditional school, but are taught in a foreign language, in which they will also become fluent in reading and writing.
- A strong foundation in the essential skills necessary for advanced learning academic achievement
- Safe and nurturing environment
- Low student-teacher ratios
- Developmentally and academically challenging concepts taught through language immersion
- Hands-on STEAM approach (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math)
- Strong foundation for English Language Arts
- Positive social skill development
- Appreciation for the richness of Chinese and Hispanic culture and customs
- Pride and understanding of their surrounding community and the United States
- Personal identity, character development, and cooperative learning
- Physical development centered around organized play activities
- Classrooms filled with singing, dancing, rhyming, storytelling and the joy of learning!
We are now accepting enrollment applications! Apply here.
We currently offer Preschool 3, Preschool 4, Kindergarten and First Grade for the 2015-2016 academic school year. One grade level will be added each subsequent academic year. We also offer after-school enrichment classes in art, music, sports, and language, as well as before and after school care.
Our Mission is to provide trilingual fluency and an intellectually challenging, advanced curriculum in Mandarin, Spanish and English integrated within the preschool, elementary and middle school program. It is through this program that we will educate and inspire our students to become citizens of the world — cross-cultural leaders, creative problem solvers, and team builders.
Children are developmentally at an advantage when it comes to learning a second – or even third – language. Early childhood is the ideal age for a child to acquire new languages with perfect fluency and no accent.
A number of studies over years of research have shown the benefits of language immersion. For example, cognitive benefits include the following:
- Increases mental flexibility for children
- Bilingual children are more willing and able to learn a third language
- Children score higher on verbal standardized tests conducted in English
- Children also perform better in math and have stronger logic skills
Frontiers Academy employs the “full immersion” model, where preschool, kindergarten and first grade are 80% Mandarin, 10% Spanish and 10% English. By second grade, the curriculum is about 50% Mandarin, 35% English and 15% Spanish. The near full immersion model has been shown to create higher levels of trilingualism.
Language Immersion School in Yorba Linda – Frontiers Academy
You likely have a lot of questions, not only about the benefits of language immersion, but also about the benefits of having your child attend Frontiers Academy. We invite you to take a look around our website and feel free to call us with any questions you may have – our friendly staff is happy to assist you! (714) 930-6638